NIOS is “Open School” to cater to the needs of a heterogeneous group of learners up to pre-degree level.
What does NIOS do?
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) provides opportunities to interested learners by making available the following Courses/Programmes of Study through open and distance learning (ODL) mode.
- Open Basic Education (OBE) Programme for 14+ years age group, adolescents and adults at A, B and C levels that are equivalent to classes III, V and VIII of the formal school system.
- Secondary Education Course (equivalent to class 10th)
- Senior Secondary Education Course ((equivalent to class 12th)
- Vocational Education Courses/Programmes
- Life Enrichment Programmes
NIOS is the largest Open Schooling system in the world with cumulative enrolment of 4.13 million (during last 5 years).
NIOS – Unique features
Exams – twice a year (April & October)
Option of ‘On demand Exam’ (ODE)
Follows Liberal curriculum – choose your own combination of subjects*
Ideal for Home schooling, sports person and all those who cannot attend regular school
Facility to transfer credits from other boards etc
NIOS Preparation classes at Summit:
- Almost all subjects are available for 10th & 12th std. students
- Classes are available offline, online or in hybrid mode.
- Classes are available in morning/ evening & weekends.
- Choose between small group or one-to-one class
- Support in understanding & completing TMAs
- Support in understanding Practical topics
- Complete support in choosing subjects, online Admission process, submitting TMAs, booking Exams etc.